2. Make a post (including the meme info) and talk about the icons I chose.
3. Other people can then comment to you and make their own posts.
4. This will create a never-ending cycle of awesome icons.
takeaside picked these lovely icons:
1. Amy Pond is currently my favourite companion (I still need to see Martha and Donna in action) and quite possibly my favourite character on the show. Vincent and the Doctor is also my favourite Amy episode which is why I chose that icon. That episode had everything I love about her. Her compassion towards Vincent, her feistiness, her passion for art and her relationship with Eleven. I think what I love the most about Amy Pond is when she loves someone she just envelops you with her warmth and happiness. I just hope that there is much more focus on her in the second part of series six.
2. I recently started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender and I know it's the strangest time to be watching this but I got interested after seeing the excitement on Tumblr over the The Legend of Korra. I've only completed season 1 but I love it so far and I'm extremely pleased with Katara's development from the pilot to the season finale. I was worried she would be stuck as the "mom" of the group but I love that she is quite the warrior and a very powerful waterbender. I know the audience for this show are younger viewers but, I think it is better and more consistent than most of the shows on tv right now.
3. The Time Turner sequence is my favourite part from Prisoner of Azkaban and it was done really well in the movie. Harry and Hermione's relationship is also my favourite from the series. I was fairly young when I read the books so I guess I shipped them before knowing what shipping meant. I love this quiet understanding between these two and the moments they share are almost unnoticeable because of this.
4. I love cropped icons like these that obscure part of a person's face while he/she are facing down, it looks really pretty. Plus, Veronica Mars (the character and the show) will always have a special place in my heart as it pushed me towards internet fandom.
5. lol ok so I'm not really invested in Pretty Little Liars at all. However, I do love everyone's faces especially Spencer's. She reminds me a bit of what Blair Waldorf could have been with some character development. I think the quote, "A Hastings always takes the shot" says so much about her. Her whole life had been shaped by her family's expectations of her and while she has shown them some disdain, they are obviously very important to her. It makes sense as to why she is fiercely protective about the people she loves. These girls are like family to each other now. lmao I don't even know if she said that quote in this particular scene.
- So I'm working on a multi-fandom icon post which will hopefully be done by the end of the week. So far I have some Doctor Who, Skins and Veronica Mars icons made.
- I'm currently watching Cowboy Bebop which is part of an anime rec list that I'm working through. It took me a couple of episodes to get into it but I love the style, characters and music. I can't really describe it because it is sort of a mesh of all kinds of genres mostly sci-fi, western and noir. I can see why it is a classic and in a lot of anime rec lists. Also, the music is gorgeous which reminds me that I need to download the soundtrack ASAP.
- I finished season one of The Good Wife and I cannot believe it took me this long to start watching the show. It has got three strong female characters and I love that the show is actually about them. Procedurals aren't really my thing but the cases and judges are pretty interesting and since Alicia works for a private law firm it brings up some intriguing morality issues. Hopefully, I'll be caught up before season three starts because it has become one of my favourite shows currently on-air.
- Fall TV looks boring so I'm just going to wait for previews of mid-season shows.
- I watched Captain America last weekend and I loved it. I don't know if I loved it so much that I would buy it on DVD but it was really enjoyable. I've never really been a fan of the human achieves superpowers trope but I sort of love the Captain America character. I find it interesting that his weapon of choice is a shield because that is who the character is. He doesn't want to fight in the war for the glory, he wants to protect his country and people he loves. I loved that scene where one of the officers throws the fake grenade as a test and Steve just grabs it and tells everyone else to run. Yeah, it's kind of a stupid move but aren't all heroes stupid while being extremely brave? I loved Peggy too and I wish there was more focus on her but I liked that she was no damsel-in-distress. I really loved how this superhero movie avoided a lot of cliches. Sebastian Stan was amazing as always. I would love to see him in a lead role now. I wish there was more of Howard Stark. I know his relationship with Peggy canon-ically amounted to nothing but, I would have loved to see them interact. Even my brother was sure that there was something going on. Although, I really enjoyed Steve/Peggy too. The one big complaint I would have about the movie was the villain. Superhero movies normally tend to have bland villains but this was set in WWII and this villain worked for Hitler so I'm disappointed that he still remained bland. I was kind of spoiled for the ending so oh well. I'm glad I stayed after the credits though for the surprise.
- I hate the new rich text editing that LJ has currently. Nothing works so I guess I'll have to use HTML.:/
- I've been looking through my old journal entries and wow I feel like I'm a completely different person from last year. A lot of my opinions have changed and while I'm not particularly fond of what I've said, I'll guess I'll still keep the entries for nostalgia's sake.